Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Add Some Disney to Your Backyard


I have to admit I was intrigued when I heard that Walt Disney Signature was teaming up with Veneman Furniture to create a collection of outdoor furnishings. This new line, Disney's first upscale, non-character lifestyle brand, consists of four collections: Lumiere, Griffith, Imperial and Script Writer. The collection that immediately caught my eye was Imperial. Inspired by The China Plate, one of Walt Disney's Silly Symphonies from 1931 in which the characters on a porcelain dish were brought to life, the Imperial Collection features an Asian motif with strong, refined angles and structural symmetry. The combination of the bold lines and the bright colors creates a warm, welcoming environment that I would love to have in my backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment